jueves, 25 de octubre de 2012

The truth is that I'don't remember when or where I first learned about environmentally friendly practices, but I suppose that I was always taught in my house about throwing my garbage or packaging in a garbage can, and that I always have to do things to preserve and no to pollute the environment  I also learned  a lot about things in relation to this topic when I was studying Agriculture in the Campus Antumapu; there they taugtht  me things like what the greenhouse effect is , solar and wind energy, deforestation, among other things....ahhhh. and I also learned how to make compost!!!!!
Although I find important to do things to preserve and not to pollute the environment, I don't recycle...maybe  it is because it is too hard to do it if there aren't people around you that do it too. If you live in a neighbourhood that is organized for recycling, is much easier....
At least I like to walk when I have the time (I'm from Valparaíso and my family don't have a car) but I would like to have a bike....it is a really good way to go to any place you want to, and you do exercise  at the same time  that you do a good action for the environment.
I have never joined or supported any environmental  organization...I don't know why; maybe it is because I  have never heard about one that persuaded me...and I don't think you necessary have to be a part of an organization to make a change.
About my carbon footprint??????...I don't know if I ever did or do something to reduce it...well, at least I don't throw garbage where I don't suppose to, or use things that come in aerosol cans (because they have  chemical  compounds that are bad to the Ozone layer), or leave the water running when I'm using tap water... the other day I saw in the supermarket a container recycling store bags, and I have a lot in my house; so I'm going to start recycling plastic bags!!!!!
I think that here in Santiago, you can find many ways to recycle, but the people (including me), don't give themselves the time to do it...the air and noise pollution are awful in this city...that is why I always miss Valparaiso (it isn't the cleanest city in the world but at least it is nicer than Santiago)

1 comentario:

  1. That's true, I would like to use other kind of transports... If I could live near the university, I'm sure I would use roller skates ♥

    ResponderEliminar